CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 14, 2009

We won!!!!!!!


I have neglected this blog shamefully! Sorry if you have been following us from afar. Big news is we forced the council to go for consultation. Independent company came in ( see previous post) came in and what do you think they found? Yes thats right - an overwhelming rejection of the Goals! plan.

I think we should say thank you to the council for listening to local opinion. The council cabinet have now formally rejected the goals proposal. You can read the report for yourself by clicking here

I think we now need to create an archive of our campiagn so we can share it with any other residents else where in the UK who face similar proposals.

I love people power! Local democracy is great.

I am now seriously considering standing for council as an independent. Anyone else fancy joining me?

0 comments: